Terms and Conditions
To ensure the safety of all our resident guests we ask that you abide by the following terms:
1. All cats must be vaccinated every year and their vaccination booklet must be given upon arrival. Cats can be vaccinated yearly, two-yearly and three-yearly. Cats don't like change and will be stressed coming into a new environment. Most cats who've been adopted through the SPCA have had cat-flu. Because of the high risk of contracting cat-flu from cats shedding (but not showing symptoms) or cats contracting cat-flu, we insist on yearly. Unless we receive notification from your Vet and they've notified you of the risks we can not take your cat.
2. At the discretion of management (and should the need arise) your cat(s) will be transported to or a veterinarian and will be charged at the owner’s expense.
3. It is recommended that your cat(s) have regular flea and worm treatments. Should we feel your cat(s) are experiencing discomfort we reserve the right to treat your cats at the owners expense.
4. Your consent must be given to release your cat(s) to another party.
5. Full care and attention is given to every cat in our care. However we do not accept any liability for illness, disease, accident or death of any cat(s).
6. Payment must be made in full at time of departure for stays of less than 30 days (if the 10% early payment option hasn't been selected).
7. The 10% prompt-payment discount is not valid with any other discounts, offers or during peak periods.
8. The Northland District Health Board (NDHB) discount is not valid with any other discounts, offers or during peak periods and payment must be received upon receipt of your email invoice. We'll confirm staff Identification upon checkin.
9. We require a months payment in advance for long term stays greater than 30 days and subsequent bank deposits every 30 days in advance.
11. During peak periods we require a 50% deposit or $50 (whichever is the greater amount) to confirm your cat(s) stay and is non refundable.
12. If for any reason you need to cancel your cat(s) stay, you are liable for the whole amount if cancelled within 72 hours of the commencement of the booking.
13. If you need to cancel your booking and this is done before the last 72 hours we will transfer your deposit to a future booking you can make within a 3 month period (provided their is availability).
14. We reserve the right to use photos and videos taken of your cat(s) to promote the Deloraine Cattery through social media and other marketing related materials.
15. All prices are GST exclusive unless stated otherwise.
No refunds for early departures. However, at our discretion we may provide room credit to be used within 3 months.
A 50% or $50 (whichever is the greater) non-refundable deposit is required to secure a booking at peak times such as Christmas/New Years, School Holidays and Statutory Days. The 10% promp-payment discount and 15% NDHB discount is not applicable during peak periods.
Our Bank Details
You can make a deposit in to our ANZ Bank Account 06-0493-0529788-00 in the name of Deloraine Cattery. Please use your invoice number, cats name and your date of check-in as reference.
We understand that sometimes it is necessary for you to change your booking. However as “no shows” and cancellations impact our business, we ask that you provide a minimum of 72 hours notice if you wish to cancel your booking. Your deposit will be kept and transferred to a future booking, valid for use within a 3 month period provided there is availability. If insufficient notice (less than 72 hours) is given your deposit will be kept as a cancellation fee.
2017 Peak Periods
2017/2018 Summer Holidays
- Wednesday 20th December 2017 - Saturday 20th January 2018
2017 School Holidays
- Friday 13 April 2017 - Monday 30 April 2017
- Friday 8 July 2017 - Monday 23 July 2017
- Friday 30 September 2017 - Monday 15 October 2017
- Wednesday 20 December 2017 - Saturday 20th January 2018
2017 Statutory Dates
- New Years Day - Monday 2nd January 2017
- Day after New Years Day - Tuesday 3rd January 2017
- Anniversary Day - Monday 30th January 2017
- Waitangi Day - Monday 6th February 2017
- Good Friday - Friday 14th April 2017
- Easter Monday - Monday 17th April 2017
- ANZAC Day - Tuesday 25th April 2017
- Queens Birthday - Monday 5th June 2017
- Labour Day - Monday 23th October 2017
- Christmas Day - Monday 25th December 2017
- Boxing Day - Tuesday 26th December 2017